FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Do you have a Warranty?
Since 2000, we have designed the best multi-pocket clothing available. We love what we do and we stand behind every product we make. We’ve been using the same manufacturers for more than a decade and they consistently deliver superior craftsmanship.
Although we make every effort to deliver flawless garments, sometimes mistakes still happen. We want all of our customers to have the best possible experiences wearing our gear, so all SCOTTeVEST garments come with a 2-year warranty covering your product from any/all manufacturer defects.
Please note this warranty does not cover wear and tear, ripped or stained garments, or other damage due to user error.
Our Warranty only applies to items purchased on scottevest.com.
I heard about your Pickpocket Guarantee. How does that work?
Our Pickpocket Guarantee is extraordinary and not something you will find from other companies. It speaks to the confidence we have in our products. If your valuables are pickpocketed while you are wearing your eVEST, we will reimburse your for any losses up to $1,000 USD.
Unfortunately, waving around $1,000 attracts trolls and con-artists, so our lawyers made us put in some fine print. See below for restrictions and details.
- You must provide proof of purchase.
- Your eVEST must have been purchased:
- on scottevest.com
- the SCOTTeVEST store on Amazon.com
- from a current authorized reseller.
- Excluded resellers include private sales, eBay, used clothing and thrift stores and any online sites that are not associated with a store listed on the Store Locator.
- The Pickpocket Guarantee applies to any eVEST with internal pockets and pants or shorts with front DeepPockets™
- To make a claim:
- You must provide an official police report describing the incident and an itemized list of stolen items and values.
- The police report must mention by name that you were wearing the SCOTTeVEST in question at the time of the pickpocketing.
- You must report the crime to the police immediately and get the police report to us within 3 days of the incident.
- The guarantee applies only to pickpocketing, not mugging/robbery/assault/threatening, which are all together different crimes. eVESTs are not bulletproof.
- You must provide a signed, sworn statement that your valuables were pickpocketed from an interior pocket that was zippered or a pant/shorts front DeepPocket™ at the time of the incident and that they were not stolen by someone known to you.
- Email your claim to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have other insurance (e.g., travel insurance), you must first make a claim with them. SCOTTeVEST will pay anything up to $1000 not covered by your other insurance and any relevant deductibles.
- Pickpocketed items that are later recovered are not eligible for a claim under this guarantee.
- We reserve the right to get additional information and judge the facts presented before accepting or denying your claim.
- If more than two (2) claims are made within 12 months by the same person, we reserve the right to cancel your coverage.
We trust you to use good judgement when storing valuables in your eVEST. Always try to keep your most important gear and belongings in an interior, zippered pocket when applicable.
What does your Satisfaction Guarantee mean?
We want you to be happy with your purchase. We unconditionally guarantee all merchandise to be free from defects. We accept exchanges and returns for 30 days from the original purchase date, provided items are unworn and with the hangtags attached. If your eVEST is not what you expected, please contact our Customer Service Team
What is the SCOTTeVEST Customer Bill of Rights?
In our effort to provide world-class customer service, we think it is important to share both the goals we set for ourselves and the realistic expectations you should have as our customer.
- Email is available Monday-Friday, 8 am until 4 pm MST.
- During that time, we will reply to email within two hours.
- Email received after hours will be replied to first thing in the morning on the next business day.
- Our phone lines are open Monday-Friday, 8 am until 4 pm MST.
- We strive to answer all phone calls received during these hours on the first ring.
- In the unlikely event that all of our Customer Service Agents are engaged and you are prompted to leave a voicemail, we will return your call within 30 minutes.
- Voicemail received after hours will be returned first thing in the morning on the next business day.
- Live Chat is available Monday-Friday, 8 am until 4 pm MST
- During the hours it is available, we answer Live Chat messages within 45 seconds.
Please understand that these response times are our goals. And, while we do meet them 99% of the time, there will be some exceptions.
- Customers have the right to interact with representatives who are knowledgeable about our products and policies. Our representatives receive extensive training and must pass a variety of test before they begin to interact directly with customers. We consider training an ongoing and critical process for all of our employees.
- Customers have the right to receive honest responses. If our representative does not know the answer, (s)he is expected to let you know. (S)he should then tell you the steps that will be taken to get the answer and when you can realistically expect to receive the answer.
- Customers have the right to be treated with respect. We will always give the benefit of the doubt to the customer and do what is right to the best of our ability. This does not mean, however, that the customer is always right. We have policies in place to minimize errors, standardize our high level of customer care and learn from our past.
- In addition to the rights our customers have, our employees have the right to be treated with respect. We understand how disappointing it can be when there is a problem with an order and know that we will occasionally interact with customers who express their frustration in a less than desirable way. That said, we refuse to allow our employees to be bullied, talked down to, yelled at or abused in any way.